Honey roasted almonds – a wonderful way to enjoy the many health benefits of almonds. It’s easy to roast raw almonds at home, and when you do, you know exactly what goes into them.
If you don’t want the lightly sweet flavor of these honey roasted almonds, you could replace the honey with savory spices such as a mixture of smoked paprika, cumin and chili powder.
- ½ cup whole raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Add the honey and whisk, then add the almonds and mix to coat, using a spatula.
- Spread the coated almonds on the prepared baking sheet. Roast 20 minutes, stirring once with a spatula.
- Remove the almonds from the oven and allow to cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet before digging in.
- If you make a larger quantity, allow to cool completely and store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.