A simple, tasty donut glaze recipe to go with my delicious homemade donuts.
Donut Glaze Recipe
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Dessert
Yield: Makes enough to glaze 15 donuts
- ¼ cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon high-quality vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Combine the milk and vanilla in a medium saucepan and heat over low heat until warm.
- Using a strainer, sift the powdered sugar into the milk mixture. Whisk slowly, until well-combined.
- Lower heat to a simmer - use the lowest heat possible.
- Dip the donuts into the glaze, one at a time, and set on a cooling rack (place the rack on a sheet of foil to catch the drippings).
- Allow the glaze to cool about 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 glazed donut and 1 glazed donut hole; Calories: 152.8; Fat: 1.8g; Carbohydrates: 30g; Sugar: 13g; Sodium: 89mg; Fiber: 0.7g; Protein: 4g