This smoked salmon mousse is mixed right in the bowl of your food processor. It’s easy, delicious, and ready in just a few minutes.
Smoked Salmon Mousse
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Appetizer, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb
Yield: 20 appetizers
- 1 (4 oz) package smoked salmon
- 1 (8 oz) container neufchâtel cheese (or reduced fat cream cheese), softened 30 seconds in the microwave
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 20 round crackers, or cucumber slices for a gluten-free, low-carb option
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives for garnish
- Place the salmon, cream cheese, lemon juice and black pepper in your food processor bowl and process until smooth, about 5 minutes, stopping twice to scrape the sides with a spatula.
- Transfer the salmon mousse to a pastry bag. Pipe a small amount of mousse onto each cracker. Garnish with chopped chives.
- You can also transfer the mousse to individual ramekins and serve with crudités.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 appetizer (cracker and mousse); Calories: 57; Fat: 4g; Carbohydrates: 2g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 134mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 2g