This warm, cheesy, flavorful turkey panini makes the perfect day-after-Thanksgiving lunch!
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Lunch, Sandwich
Yield: 1 turkey panini
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup cooked turkey breast, skin removed, sliced or diced
- ¼ cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- A few canned jalapeño peppers, drained
- Olive oil spray, or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Heat George Foreman grill, a grill pan or a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, assemble the sandwich: spread one slice with mustard, top with turkey, cheese and jalapenos, and finally with the second slice.
- Spray or brush the grill surfaces with olive oil.
- Place the sandwich on the grill, close the lid and press tightly to flatten. Grill about 5 minutes (3-5 minutes on each side with a heavy pot on top to flatten if using a grill pan), until bread is golden brown and crispy and cheese is melted.
- Cool 2-3 minutes on a wire rack before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 panini; Calories: 384; Fat: 7g; Carbohydrates: 41g; Sugar: 7g; Sodium: 660mg; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 35g