Mashed cauliflower with butter, Parmesan and garlic tastes amazing. You truly won’t miss the mashed potatoes!
This mashed cauliflower is creamy and delicious, cheesy and garlicky. It closely mimics mashed potatoes in texture and taste, but it’s so much healthier!
The first time I tasted mashed cauliflower, I was amazed. How can it taste so good? How can it be almost as good as mashed potatoes?
There’s something about cauliflower. It’s an extremely versatile vegetable that really helps low carbers find great substitutions to high-carb foods. Examples? Cauliflower pizza crust, and cauliflower rice – both really good!
- 1 medium cauliflower (1 lb trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the cauliflower,towel dry, trim outer leaves and cut into florets, or just into chunks. Place in a microwave-safe bowl, add a tablespoon of water to the bottom of the bowl, cover with a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high around 10 minutes, until very tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the other ingredients.
- When the cauliflower is done, carefully remove it from the microwave (bowl and plate will be hot and steam will escape) and transfer to the food processor. Add the remaining ingredients. Process until very smooth, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.