Mashed cauliflower: creamy and delicious, cheesy and garlicky, it closely mimics mashed potatoes in texture and taste, but it’s so much healthier!
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Sides, Low-carb, Gluten-Free, Primal/Paleo
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 medium cauliflower (1 lb trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the cauliflower,towel dry, trim outer leaves and cut into florets, or just into chunks. Place in a microwave-safe bowl, add a tablespoon of water to the bottom of the bowl, cover with a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high around 10 minutes, until very tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the other ingredients.
- When the cauliflower is done, carefully remove it from the microwave (bowl and plate will be hot and steam will escape) and transfer to the food processor. Add the remaining ingredients. Process until very smooth, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 102.9; Fat: 7.5g; Carbohydrates: 6.3g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 407.8mg; Fiber: 2.8g; Protein: 4.4g