I’m always amazed when I order creamed spinach at a restaurant. Made with what must be more butter and cream than actual spinach, it is so incredibly tasty.
At home, I try to use more reasonable amounts of butter, cream and Parmesan cheese, adding creaminess and flavor without turning this into a 500-calories dish. :)
- 1 lb. frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the frozen spinach in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high just until thawed, about 3 minutes. Place the spinach in a colander and press on it to get out as much liquid as possible.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the spinach, salt, pepper, nutmeg, heavy cream and Parmesan. Cook, stirring, just until heated through, 1-2 minutes.