It’s a bit tedious, for sure, but picking the seeds, rinsing and drying them, though an extra effort, is well worth it once the seeds are seasoned and roasted.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Prep and Cool time
Recipe type: Snack, Primal/Paleo, Vegan
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds, rinsed and dried on a clean kitchen towel
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, using clean hands, mix the pumpkin seeds, the oil and the seasonings.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until golden, stirring the seeds halfway through, about 20 minutes. Watch out to make sure they don't burn.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 101; Fat: 6g; Carbohydrates: 9g; Sugar: 0g Sodium: 372mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 3g