My kids adore these baked pancakes. They love to watch them puff up as they bake in the oven.
I love these baked pancakes too – they are fluffy and delicious, and making them is way easier than frying pancakes, because you just pour the batter into the pan and let the oven do all the work for you.
- 1 teaspoon light olive oil or coconut oil for pan
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain, nonfat Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Brush a square 8-inch baking dish with oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, milk, oil, vanilla and sugar.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture. Use a spatula to mix, just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- Dust with powdered sugar, cut into four squares, and serve. Baked pancakes are delicious straight out of the pan, even better with berries and warm maple syrup!