These simple, delicious vanilla muffins are made with whole-wheat flour. Excellent for breakfast.
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Breakfast, Brunch
Yield: 12 vanilla muffins
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or coconut oil for pan
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup light olive oil, or melted coconut oil
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup low fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the cups of a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil and sugar. Whisk in the eggs, yogurt, milk and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture. Use a spatula to mix, just until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center of one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack, then remove from pan and cool 5 more minutes directly on the rack. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 muffin; Calories: 187; Fat: 8g; Carbohydrates: 24g; Sugar: 12g; Sodium: 211mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 4g