I love serving baked eggs for brunch. They are not only delicious, filling and easy to make – they also make a very pretty presentation.
This is a super easy recipe for baked eggs. Simply pour some prepared tomato sauce into ramekins, break an egg into each ramekin, season and bake.
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place four shallow individual baking dishes (such as these creme brulee ramekins) on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Divide the tomato sauce among the baking dishes.
- Break the eggs into a small bowl and then slip into each baking dish.
- Sprinkle the eggs with Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Bake until the egg whites are cooked, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.