How to bake chicken breast? Bake for a short time at a high temperature. You will get delightfully juicy baked chicken breast, every time.
The secret to juicy baked chicken breast? Bake for a short time at a high temperature. Baking for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F will yield dry meat. But baking for just 20 minutes at 450 degrees will result in delightfully juicy baked chicken breast, every time.
I used to dread having baked chicken breast for dinner. It always turned out so dry! But I still made it, because it’s so convenient, filling and affordable. I tried all kinds of marinades and seasonings. Nothing helped!
It turns out, I simply didn’t know how to bake chicken breast. Who would have thought that the secret was simply in how long to bake it, and in the oven’s temperature?
This baked chicken breast is well seasoned, and excellent on its own. I like to bake several chicken breasts at a time, because leftovers are incredibly versatile.
- 2 large (8 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil cooking spray, or 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking dish with foil.
- Spray or brush both sides of each chicken breast with olive oil, and sprinkle with the seasonings.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes, flip to the other side, lightly spray/brush again and bake for 8-10 more minutes, or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork (it's fine to make a small slit in the thickest part and see if it's done!).
- Transfer the baked chicken breasts to a platter. Loosely cover with foil and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
The best way to make sure the baked chicken breasts are done is to use an instant-read thermometer. It should read 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest part. If you don't have a thermometer, make a small slit in the center and peek to make sure it's white and opaque, not pink.