These coconut muffins are sweet, chewy, and very coconutty. They are so easy to make – I make them with my kids, and the kids do all the work. :)
If you love coconut, you will really enjoy these delicious coconut muffins!
Prep and Cool time
Recipe type: Breakfast, Brunch
Yield: 24 coconut muffins
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil for pan
- 2 cups 100% whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (8 oz) bag unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners and brush the liners with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and coconut flakes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil and sugar. Whisk in the eggs, followed by the milk and the coconut extract.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix to incorporate.
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ full. Bake 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack, then 10 more minutes on a wire rack.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 muffin; Calories: 180; Fat: 10g; Carbohydrates: 21g; Sugar: 9g; Sodium: 84mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 3g