Confession: I’m not a huge fan of kale – I find it bitter. But I can’t get enough crispy kale chips, and I love this yummy, cheesy kale casserole.
- Heat broiler on high.
- In an oven-and-broiler-safe deep skillet or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes.
- Add the beef. Cook, stirring to break up and crumble the beef, until no longer raw, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano.
- In batches, stir the kale into the beef mixture, cooking just until it slightly wilts.
- Stir in the marinara sauce. Cook until heated through, about 2 more minutes.
- Mix half the cheese into the mixture.
- If not using an oven-safe skillet, transfer the mixture to a broiler-safe dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Broil just until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.