Combining two superfoods – dark chocolate and blueberries – these chocolate covered blueberries is a dessert you can actually feel good about eating.
- 4 oz fresh blueberries
- 3.5 oz dark (70% cocoa) chocolate (I used Lindt)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Wash the blueberries and place on a clean towel to dry.
- Line four muffin tin cups with paper liners.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place the pieces in a microwave-safe glass measuring cup. Add the coconut oil.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave: run the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring the chocolate in-between and rotating the measuring cup. Finish when most of the chocolate is melted (mine took 1 minutes). Stir until smooth and fully melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the paper liners, dividing it evenly. Divide the blueberries between the liners, allowing some to sink into the chocolate and some to remain on top.
- Refrigerate 1 hour prior to serving.