These jalapeño poppers are so pretty and festive. They are incredibly delicious, but they are also quite spicy, so serve them only to people who can handle spicy food.
- Olive oil spray (Whole Foods offers one with no additives)
- 4 oz smoked cheddar
- 12 medium jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 12 bacon slices, halved crosswise
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and fit it with a wire rack. Lightly spray the rack with olive oil.
- Cut the cheddar into 24 strips and use them to stuff the jalapeño halves.
- Wrap the bacon pieces around the jalapeños. Arrange, cheese side up, on the wire rack. Lightly spray the jalapenos with olive oil.
- Bake until cheese is melted and lightly browned and bacon is crisp, about 25 minutes. Serve immediately.