Delightful, airy, vanilla-scented cheesecake mousse, made with healthy gelatin.
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) unflavored gelatin
- 1 (8 oz) package Neufchatel cheese (or reduced-fat cream cheese), softened
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, heat the water and honey over medium heat, whisking to incorporate.
- Add the gelatin and whisk until fully dissolved.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium mixing bowl. Add the vanilla and cream cheese and use an electric handheld mixer to beat the mixture until smooth.
- Pour into four small ramekins. Refrigerate until firm, 2-3 hours.