A delicate, creamy pumpkin mousse, flavored with vanilla and cinnamon. The perfect fall dessert!
- 1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons xylitol (or sugar or honey) (Why I believe xylitol is safe)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon xylitol (or sugar or honey)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, use a hand whisk to whisk together the pumpkin, cinnamon and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric hand whisk to beat the heavy cream with the xylitol until soft peaks form.
- Prepare the topping: In a small bowl, use an electric hand whisk to beat the heavy cream with the xylitol until soft peaks form. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin puree.
- Divide evenly among six small dessert bowls. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, top with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon and serve.
2. Nutrition info assumes sweetener used is xylitol.
3. Leftovers keep well for a day in the fridge, covered. I place them in a cake dome, or in a large plastic container. In fact, the mousse is creamier on the second day, probably because the pumpkin and cream have more time to meld, so if possible, I would suggest making this pumpkin mousse a day ahead.