These pesto chicken kabobs make an easy, tasty summertime entree. Pesto and chicken go really well together, and broiling the chicken pieces makes them extra juicy.
- Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent the food from sticking to them and to help prevent them from burning when broiled.
- Heat broiler on high (450 degrees F). Set an oven rack to 4 inches below flame. Line a large baking sheet with foil and lightly spray it with olive oil spray.
- Cube the chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes. In a bowl, toss with the pesto (I use my hands to make sure all chicken pieces are well-coated).
- Thread on the skewers and arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. To prevent the ends of the wooden skewers from charring, cut two narrow strips of foil and place them across both ends of the row of skewers.
- Broil 4 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.