Even when it’s not yet nice enough outside to use the outdoor grill, you can experience the deliciousness of well-seasoned, flavorful grilled chicken kabobs by using your broiler. The seasoning here is incredibly simple – and incredibly good.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent the food from sticking to them and to help prevent them from burning when broiled.
- Heat broiler on high (450 degrees F). Set an oven rack to 4 inches below flame. Line a large baking sheet with foil and lightly spray it with olive oil cooking spray.
- Cube the chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes. In a bowl, toss with the olive oil, chili powder and salt (I use my hands to make sure all chicken pieces are well-coated). Thread on the skewers and arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. To prevent the ends of the wooden skewers from charring, cut two narrow pieces of foil and place them across both ends of the row of skewers.
- Broil 4 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.