I love my sautéed spinach – it’s very flavorful – but my kids actually prefer this simple preparation of gently steaming the spinach, then buttering it.
- 1 (1 lb) container pre-washed spinach leaves
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Place the spinach leaves in a very large, deep skillet. Add 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cover (ideally with a clear lid so you can peek) and turn heat to medium-high. When the spinach starts to steam, turn heat to medium, and keep steaming until leaves are just wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked spinach to a colander. Press on the spinach with the back of a large serving spoon to extract as much liquid as you can.
- Transfer the steamed spinach to a plate, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with melted butter.