These tasty chocolate balls take five minutes to make. They are delicious, and boast a clean list of ingredients. I make a small amount each time, because it’s very difficult to stop at one or two!
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus 1 tablespoon for topping
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Place all the ingredients except for the topping in a shallow bowl. Use a fork to mix everything together.
- Form into eight balls, each weighing 20 grams. If mixture becomes too soft to work with, refrigerate for five minutes and continue working.
- Place the chocolate balls on a platter lined with wax paper. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate at least 15 minutes, but remove from fridge 5 minutes before serving to allow to slightly soften. Yum.