Delicious baked apple chips, flavored with cinnamon. Patience is key – you’ll need to bake these apple chips for a looong time at a low temperature – but your reward, sweet-tangy dried apple slices that have no added sugar and are not just tasty but also good for you – will be well worth it. A great recipe to make on a cold winter weekend when you’re home anyway.
- 2 medium Fuji apples, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a very sharp knife, slice the apples as thinly as possible. Gently remove the seeds with a small paring knife.
- Arrange the apple slices in a single layer on the baking sheets. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Bake 1 hour. Flip to the other side, sprinkle with more cinnamon, and bake 1 more hour.
- Check to see if the apple slices are crisp. If they're still a bit soft, flip again and bake 30 more minutes, or until crisp.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool for 30 minutes before enjoying.