So easy it’s funny, this delicious hot pizza dip gives you a pizza-like experience, without the added carbs and calories from the crust. A perfect party appetizer, and a crowd-pleaser even when served with fresh-cut veggies rather than bread or crackers.
I used olives and my favorite spicy Spanish chorizo as toppings. Obviously, you can use your own favorite toppings.
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, cubed
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup pizza sauce (I used Pomi - clean ingredient list and BPA-free)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz black pitted olives, sliced
- 1 oz Spanish chorizo, very thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cream cheese in a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds to soften. Mix in the oregano, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch pie plate. Spread evenly with a spatula.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top of the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the red pepper flakes.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top, then add your toppings.
- Bake 15 minutes, until cheese is melted. If you want it browned, place for an additional couple of minutes under the broiler (make sure your pie plate is broiler-safe). Serve with fresh cut veggies for dipping.