Chewy, sweet, chocolaty and delightful, these homemade granola bars are made with wonderful, wholesome ingredients – oats, dark chocolate and honey. They are so good with my morning coffee!
Homemade Granola Bars
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
Yield: 9 granola barsNew quantity:
- ½ cup bittersweet (60% cacao) chocolate chips
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon soft butter for pan
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chocolate chips in the freezer.
- Spread the oats on a parchment-lined baking sheet and toast, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Line the bottom of a square 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper and grease it with a thin layer of butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, honey, butter, vanilla and salt. Stir in the toasted oats and flour. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool completely, at least 2 hours. Carefully remove from pan and peel off the parchment paper. Cut into nine bars.
- Store leftovers for a few days in an airtight container, on wax paper squares.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 granola bar; Calories: 192; Total Fat: 8g; Carbohydrates: 71g; Sugars: 14g; Sodium: 105mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 4g