Chewy, sweet, chocolaty and delightful, these homemade granola bars are made with wonderful, wholesome ingredients – oats, dark chocolate and honey. Very satisfying. I love them with my morning coffee!
Makes 9 granola bars
Total time: 2 hours 50 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 30 minutes
Cool: 2 hours
1/2 cup bittersweet (60% cacao) chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1 large egg
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chocolate chips in the freezer.
2. Spread oats on a baking sheet and toast, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Line the bottom of a square 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper and spray the pan with nonstick spray.
4. In a large bowl, whisk egg, honey, oil, vanilla and salt. Stir in toasted oats and flour. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Spread mixture in prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool completely, at least 2 hours. carefully remove from pan (the parchment paper should help) and peel off the parchment paper. Cut into nine bars. Store in an airtight container, on wax paper squares.
Nutrition per bar
Total Fat 8.0g
Saturated Fat 2.4g
Total Carbohydrates 27.5g
Dietary Fiber 3.2g
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 5 points