Delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, made with whole-wheat flour. I like my oatmeal cookies chewy, so I remove them from the oven when slightly under-baked and cool on the baking sheet instead of on a wire rack.
Makes 18 cookies
Total time: 1 hour
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 15 minutes
Cool: 30 minutes
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, unpacked
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup (4oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl, using a hand whisk, cream together the butter and the sugars. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter/egg mixture and mix with a spatula, just until incorporated. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips with a spatula.
5. Drop dough onto the cookie sheets, measuring 2 tablespoons of batter per cookie (I use a 2-tablespoon ice cream scoop), and placing cookies 1 1/2 inches apart. Don’t flatten the cookies.
6. Bake 12-14 minutes, until edges are golden and just beginning to brown, and centers are light and soft. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes, on baking sheet.
Nutrition per cookie
Total Fat 5.4 g
Saturated Fat 2.9 g
Cholesterol 27.5 mg
Sodium 189.8 mg
Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 2.6 g
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 4 points