Breakfast rice – a delicious dish of lightly sweetened, creamy rice, perfect as a warm, filling breakfast or as a hearty snack. Breakfast rice is one of my favorite ways of using up leftover rice!
- 1 cup cooked rice (I used sprouted brown rice)
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- ⅛ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes, until creamy and most milk has been absorbed.