I love the sweet/savory combination in this sesame noodles recipe. It’s very easy to make, too.
Makes 8 servings
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
2 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons light olive oil (not extra-virgin)
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt for cooking the pasta
1 box (16oz) whole-wheat thin spaghetti
1. In a big pot, start boiling water for the pasta.
2. Toast sesame seeds in a skillet over medium heat, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Set aside.
3. Whisk together sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Heat just until warm.
4. Cook pasta in salted water, one minute less than package directions (about 5 minutes for thin spaghetti). Drain in a colander. Return to hot, empty saucepan.
5. Pour sauce over hot noodls and mix well with a large spoon. Transfer noodles to individual bowls, and sprinkle with toppings. Serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving
Total Fat 9.5 g
Saturated Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 639.1 mg
Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 6.8 g
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 8 points