I love the sweet/savory combination in this sesame noodles recipe. It’s very easy to make, too.
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Sides
Yield: 8 servingsNew quantity:
- 2 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil (not extra-virgin)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt for cooking the pasta
- 1 box (16 oz) whole-wheat thin spaghetti
- In a big pot, start boiling water for the pasta.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a skillet over medium heat, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the green onions.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, just until warm.
- Cook the pasta in salted water, one minute less than package directions (about 5 minutes for thin spaghetti). Drain in a colander. Return the cooked pasta to the hot, empty saucepan.
- Pour the warm sauce over the noodles and mix well with a large spoon.
- Transfer the noodles to individual bowls, and sprinkle with the toppings. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 275; Total Fat: 9g; Carbohydrates: 48g; Sugars: 6g; Sodium: 639mg; Fiber: 6g; Protein: 7g