Creamy, decadent and chocolaty, these banana bites are as healthy as a dessert can get, or enjoy them for a decadent snack. The first time I made this recipe, I froze the banana bites. They were delicious, but I had a feeling that unfrozen, they would be even creamier, even better. So I gave it another try, and oh yes, this is the way to go. Don’t freeze these chocolate covered banana bites. Instead, chill in the fridge for an hour to allow the chocolate to set, then enjoy.
- 2 medium, ripe-but-still-firm bananas
- ½ bar (about 2oz) 70% dark chocolate - I used Lindt
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Line a baking sheet or a tray with wax paper. Slice bananas into ½-inch-thick pieces, about 8 pieces per banana.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt chocolate and coconut oil, stirring constantly. Turn off heat.
- Using two teaspoons, dip each banana piece into the melted chocolate. Swirl to coat. Remove from chocolate, allowing excess to drip back into pot. Place on wax paper. Sprinkle dipped banana pieces with coconut.
- Place the chocolate covered banana bites in fridge for about an hour, until chocolate is set, then serve.