This delicious, low sugar apricot preserves is ready in 20 minutes. Lovely spooned warm over creamy plain Greek yogurt, or chilled, spread on warm toast.
- 4 fresh apricots (12 oz)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Remove the apricot kernels and cut the apricots into bite-size pieces.
- Place the apricot in a heavy saucepan with the honey, lemon juice and vanilla. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, 10 minutes, or until apricots are very soft and begin to caramelize.
- Remove from heat. Cool slightly, then spoon over plain Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream.
- Or cool to room temperature, then transfer to a tightly sealed jar and refrigerate. Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Very good on warm toast!