I love Dutch baby pancakes because they are easy – you simply pour the batter into the pan and bake. The batter contains no sugar or oil, and – in this version – a good amount of fruit – which makes it a healthy choice. One tablespoon of warm maple syrup per person is all it takes to sweeten these puffy pancakes.
Makes 4 individual pancakes
4 large eggs
1 cup reduced-fat milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place four 5-inch pie dishes on a large baking sheet. Place baking sheet in oven, to allow dishes to warm up.
3. Beat eggs. Add milk and vanilla, then flour. Whisk until smooth.
4. Remove baking sheet from oven. Spray pie dishes with nonstick cooking spray. Divide batter evenly among dishes. Place berries on top.
5. Bake 20 minutes, until puffed and golden. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately, with warm maple syrup.
Nutrition per serving
(I Calculated the cooking spray as 1 teaspoon oil)
Total Fat 7.6 g
Saturated Fat 2.4 g
Cholesterol 189.9 mg
Sodium 97.9 mg
Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 11.7 g
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 7 points