These whole-wheat lemon muffins are lemony, moist and delicious. They are very easy to make, too.
Makes 12 muffins
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 20 minutes
Cool: 10 minutes
1 1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup light olive oil (not extra-virgin)
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup reduced-fat milk
1 very large juicy lemon, zested and juiced (3 tablespoons lemon juice)
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar and oil. Beat in eggs, milk, lemon juice and lemon zest.
4. Pour liquid mixture over dry mixture. Mix with a spatula, just until combined, allowing batter to remain lumpy.
5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, using a 4-tablespoon ice cream scoop or a 1/4-cup measuring cup. Bake about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of one of the muffins comes out clean. Allow to set in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack (gently loosen edges with a knife if needed) and cool 5 more minutes. Lightly dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Nutrition per muffin
Total Fat 7.8 g
Saturated Fat 1.0 g
Cholesterol 47.5 mg
Sodium 153.5 mg
Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 4.1 g
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 5 points