A yeasty, fragrant whole-wheat crust envelopes this flavorful no-sauce, wild mushroom pizza.
Makes 1 pizza
Total time: 2 hours 40 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Inactive: 2 hours 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
1 1/4 cup warm water
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups white whole wheat flour
1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon rapid rise yeast
1 (4oz) package wild mushrooms (shiitake, oyster, cremini etc.), chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups grated part-skim Mozzarella
1 tablespoon olive oil for brushing the dough
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. In the bread pan of an electric bread machine, combine the warm water, olive oil, flour, sugar, salt, and yeast. Set the machine for the dough cycle.
2. When ready, transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface. Punch it down, form into a ball and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the mushrooms: heat olive oil over medium heat, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté, stirring, about 5 minutes, until tender. Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder on top, stir one more time and remove to a plate. Set aside. Instead of fresh wild mushrooms, you may use 1 ounce of dried wild mushrooms, reconstituted (soak them 5 minutes in boiling water).
4. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and spray a 14-inch pizza pan with nonstick spray.
5. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured counter, then transfer to the pan and use your fingers to gently stretch out the dough to cover the entire pan.
6. Brush dough with olive oil. Sprinkle with cheese and top with the mushrooms and parsley. Bake 10 minutes, until dough is golden brown and puffed and cheese is melted.
Nutrition per slice (1/12 pizza):
Total Fat 8.2 g
Saturated Fat 2.5 g
Cholesterol 11.0 mg
Sodium 338.2 mg
Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 13.5 g
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 5 points