A simple, tasty donut glaze recipe to go with my delicious homemade donuts.
- ¼ cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon high-quality vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Combine the milk and vanilla in a medium saucepan and heat over low heat until warm.
- Using a strainer, sift the powdered sugar into the milk mixture. Whisk slowly, until well-combined.
- Lower heat to a simmer - use the lowest heat possible.
- Dip the donuts into the glaze, one at a time, and set on a cooling rack (place the rack on a sheet of foil to catch the drippings).
- Allow the glaze to cool about 5 minutes before serving.