Hot, flavorful turkey panini – the perfect day-after-Thanksgiving lunch!
Makes 1 panini sandwich
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
Rest: 5 minutes
2 slices whole-wheat bread
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup cooked turkey breast, meat only, sliced or diced
1/4 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
A few canned jalapeno peppers, drained
Olive oil cooking spray
1. Heat George Foreman grill. Or heat a grill pan or a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Meanwhile, assemble the sandwich: spread one slice with mustard, top with turkey, cheese and jalapenos, and finally with the second slice.
3. Spray grill surfaces with olive oil spray.
4. Place sandwich on grill, close the lid and press tightly to flatten. Grill about 5 minutes (3-5 minutes on each side with a heavy pot on top to flatten if using a grill pan), until bread is golden brown and crispy and cheese is melted.
5. Cool 2-3 minutes on a wire rack (prevents sogginess) before serving.
Total Fat 7.6 g
Saturated Fat 3.1 g
Cholesterol 76.6 mg
Sodium 659.9 mg
Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 34.9 g
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 9 points