Roasted pumpkin seeds are so good! Whenever I prepare pumpkin or spaghetti squash, I remind myself not to discard the seeds. It’s a bit tedious, for sure, but picking the seeds, rinsing and drying them, though an extra effort, is well worth it once the seeds are seasoned and roasted.
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds, rinsed and dried on a clean kitchen towel
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, using clean hands, mix the pumpkin seeds, the oil and the seasonings.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until golden, stirring the seeds halfway through, about 20 minutes. Watch out to make sure they don't burn.