These soft, buttery, vanilla-scented chocolate chip cookies are made with whole-wheat flour. They are absolutely delicious!
Whole-Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Dessert
Yield: 16 cookiesNew quantity:
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup softened unsalted butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat milk
- ½ cup (3 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix with a spatula, just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a 2-tablespoon scoop , transfer the batter to the prepared baking sheet, placing the cookies 1 inch apart.
- Gently flatten the cookies by pressing on them with a spatula.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until edges are set but center is still soft. Remove from oven and cool on the baking sheet about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 cookie; Calories: 112; Total Fat: 5g; Carbohydrates: 18g; Sugars: 12g; Sodium: 84mg; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 1g