These soft, buttery, vanilla-scented chocolate chip cookies are made with whole-wheat flour and contain half the butter and chocolate compared with classic recipes. They are absolutely delicious!
Makes 16 cookies
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 15 minutes
Cool: 20 minutes
1 cup white whole-wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup softened unsalted butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon reduced-fat milk
1/2 cup (3oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together butter and sugars. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix with a spatula, just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Using a 2-tablespoon ice cream scoop, scoop batter onto prepared baking sheet, 1-inch apart. Gently flatten cookies by pressing on them with a spatula. Bake 10-12 minutes, until edges are set but center is still soft. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition per cookie
Total Fat 4.9 g
Saturated Fat 2.8 g
Cholesterol 19.4 mg
Sodium 84.2 mg
Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 1.7 g
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 3 points