In this apricot cake, the combination of the sweet (but not too sweet) batter and the slightly tart apricots is irresistible.
Makes 8 servings
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Rest: 20 minutes
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 small lemon, zested
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup reduced-fat milk
6 medium apricots, cut in half and pitted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 11-inch tart pan or springform pan with nonstick spray.
2. Cream the butter with the sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in lemon zest.
3. Mix the flour with the baking powder and salt. Add to the egg mixture. Add the milk and mix well.
4. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Use a spatula to spread evenly. Place the apricots on top, cut side down, gently pressing them into the dough.
5. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out dry.
6. Remove pan from oven. Place on a wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes. Cut into 8 slices and serve.
Nutrition per slice
Total Fat 14.1 g
Saturated Fat 7.9 g
Cholesterol 101.0 mg
Sodium 234.0 mg
Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
Sugars 21.4 g
Protein 6.9 g
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 9 points