A wonderful, fragrant apricot cake. The combination of the sweet batter and the tart apricots is irresistible.
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Dessert
Yield: 8 big slicesNew quantity:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened, plus 1 teaspoon for pan
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 small lemon, zested
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 6 medium apricots, cut in half and pitted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 11-inch tart pan or springform pan with butter.
- Cream the butter with the sugar and vanilla. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the lemon zest.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to the egg mixture. Add the milk and mix well.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Use a spatula to spread evenly. Place the apricots on top, cut side down, gently pressing them into the cake.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out dry.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Place on a wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 slice; Calories: 327; Total Fat: 14g; Carbohydrates: 43g; Sugars: 21g; Sodium: 234mg; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 7g