We don’t really eat potatoes anymore, due to their high glycemic index, but I do make sweet potatoes quite often. This is a favorite way to make sweet potatoes. It’s easy and simple and very tasty.
Even my youngest, who is very picky, asks for seconds.
Makes 4 servings
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced into very thin rounds
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
1. In a bowl, mix the sweet potato slices and oil using your hands, until all pieces are well-coated.
2. Transfer sweet potato slices to baking sheet, arranging them in a single layer (OK if they overlap a little).
3. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
4. Bake 15-20 minutes. Check them often to avoid burning.
5. Remove pan from oven and place it on a wire rack. Allow to cool 1-2 minutes, then serve.
Total Fat 3.5 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 297.1 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
Sugars 0.0 g
Protein 0.8 g
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 2 points