These golden, flavorful corn fritters are rich and filling enough to serve as a main course. Add a tossed salad for a delicious vegetarian meal.
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Entree, Vegetarian
Yield: 4 servingsNew quantity:
- ½ cup white whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen corn, thawed
- ½ cup plain low fat Greek yogurt for garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, then add the yogurt, whisking until smooth.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix with a spatula until smooth. Stir in the corn.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in each of 2 large nonstick skillets, over medium-high heat.
- For each cake, spoon about ¼ cup batter onto 4 spots on each skillet (you'll need to fry in 2 batches). Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Use a spatula to flip and cook 1-2 more minutes on the other side. Serve hot, garnished with Greek yogurt.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 3 corn fritters; Calories: 370; Total Fat: 15g; Carbohydrates: 41g; Sugars: 6g; Sodium: 749mg; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 20g