These Greek yogurt pancakes are puffy, light and very tasty. With whole-wheat flour and lots of extra protein – and creaminess – from the yogurt, they’re not just healthy – they are delicious, too.
Serving size: 3 pancakes
Makes 6 servings
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
2 cups white whole-wheat flour
1 1/2 tablespoon fresh baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup honey
1 cup reduced-fat milk
1 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt (I use Voskos)
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Nonstick cooking spray
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, milk, yogurt and vanilla.
3. Pour liquid mixture on top of dry ingredients. Mix with a spatula, just until incorporated. Allow batter to rest as you heat up the griddle.
4. Heat 2 large (12-inch) nonstick skillets, or a double-burner nonstick griddle, over medium heat for 4 minutes. Spray with nonstick spray.
5. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto skillet. Fry 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and puffed.
Nutrition per serving
Total Fat 3.9 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 67.4 mg
Sodium 515.9 mg
Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 12.6 g
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 7 points